Blue dozen brawl
LIVE GRAFFITI ART BATTLE!
Join us on Saturday, February 24 from 8PM-1AM at the Lone Star Lounge in downtown New Braunfels for the first ever Blue Dozen Brawl.
This is your chance to watch the creative process live and support local artists. Here’s how it works:
• 8PM: Ten artists put their name in a hat for a chance to compete.
• 8:15PM: Three artist names are selected at random. This event’s resident artist is Jenkins2D. Jenkins selects his teammate from the three, and two teams of two artists are formed. Once teams are formed, the non-resident artist team selects a topic at random – and now the art of the night must adhere to this theme.
• 15 minutes of artist collaboration and planning.
• 8:30 – 10:00PM: The battle is on! As the two teams work, patrons are able to move around and observe the artists at work. The medium is acrylic paint and marker, and the tools allowed are brushes, palette knives or any non-mechanical implements.
• The audience votes to pick the winning team through tips. Tips will go directly to the artists.
• 10:30PM: Winners are announced.
Event hosted by NATE (Austin Mic Exchange)
Blue Dozen Artists include:
Looking for an affordable and interesting way to build an original art collection?
During the event, you can buy a 12” x 12” square of the battle canvas for $25. Squares are selected on a first come, first served basis. If you’re looking to purchase a larger piece of art, you can select adjoining squares. Art will be available for pickup (pickup locations in New Braunfels and in Austin) one week after the event.
Additionally, all of the artists who put their name in the hat to participate, will have art and merchandise available for purchase on site.
WHEN: Saturday, Feb 24 (8PM – 1AM)
WHERE: Lone Star Lounge, Downtown New Braunfels
WHAT: Blue Dozen Brawl -- live graffiti art battle -- ten artists, two teams, one winner
Established in 2008, the Blue Dozen Collective is a diverse crew of creatives. We bring a wide variety of ideas, skills, and view points, to galleries and streets alike. We encourage each artist to share their unique vision and style through the collective; making our ideas into reality.
Questions? Contact: email@example.com